The mission of the Educational Service Unit No.19 is to serve the teachers, administrators and support staff of the Omaha Public Schools to promote and provide continual growth for all staff. Professional development is aligned with the aims and goals of the school district to ensure that all students attain their highest potential.
We believe all professional development…
- Aligns classroom practices to district and state standards in order to increase student success.
- Promotes a coherent, long-term plan, which encourages continuous inquiry and improvement embedded in the daily life of schools and the organization.
- Enables teachers to increase student achievement by:
• developing effective teaching and assessment strategies,
• integrating technologies into instruction, and understanding and applying culturally relevant teaching to classroom learning experiences
• reflects best available research and practices in teaching
• requires evaluation to demonstrate the impact of professional development on teacher effectiveness and, ultimately, student learning
• fosters collaborative effort of staff, parents, and community as central to student achievement
• focuses on individual, collegial, school (EXCELS+) and organizational improvement
• respects and nurtures the intellectual and leadership capacity of all staff.